Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 1 - The Starting Line

Today is a new day in history -- insignificant to everyone else but me. It is the first day of my ultimate lifestyle change.

My goal today was to replace bad foods with better foods. Eat more fruits and veggies. Eat less salt. Eat less carbs. All-in-all: EAT BETTER!

I have to say, this is probably the first and the worst of the days... The first day is always rough when changing eating habits. There are still foods lying around that I can't eat... everywhere in fact. Hopefully my willpower will increase with each passing day.

This is what I ate today:

7:15am Breakfast (made by me!)
  • Pan grilled zucchini, red bell pepper, and portabello mushroom
  • Country Fries (orwhateverthecrapthey'recalled) -- one small new potato diced and pan grilled
  • with seasoning
  • 1 1/2 egg omelet with a little sharp cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 banana
  • Glass of SunnyD

10am Snack
  • 1 large strawberry
  • very small amount of lightly salted cashews

Noon Lunch
  • Left over 6" sub from Subway (Turkey, black forest ham, veggies, honey mustard on wheat)

2:00pm~ Snack
My 1st attempt at making a smoothie with my new blender I got today
  • 4 leaf kale
  • 10 small leaves spinach
  • 1 carrot
  • 2 large strawberries
  • 1 banana
  • 3/4 red bell pepper
  • 1 floret broccoli
  • pineapple juice
  • 2-3 tbsp peanut butter
  • ice
  • vanilla soy protein powder
(This shake ended up tasting a bit like leftover Lucky Charms remnants from the bottom of the bag... The texture of the shake doesn't help any either)

4:00pm - Dinner
By the time 4pm rolls around my hunger is still nagging at me... arg... So I kept myself busy and made a delicious Boca burger sandwich


  • Mushroom and mozzarella Boca patty
  • 1 slice russian rye bread toasted
  • small handful of spinach
  • Grilled zucchini and portabello mushrooms
  • 1 tsp light mayo









6:00pm~ snack
  • very small amount of lightly salted cashews

----------------------------------------------

Currently, I'm not keeping track of calories... I feel that I might become discouraged if I have to keep daily records of all that. Right now, I am only focusing on eating healthier and replacing bad foods with good foods.

Tonight I am buying some adjustable dumbbells so I can start building up muscle mass.

Week 1 goals
Switch to healthy smoothies for breakfast
Walk more!
Lift weights while sitting on my butt

No comments:

Post a Comment