Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day 3 - I'm a nutritarian

Day 3 of my new life!

Today has been a most excellent day. I have only felt hungry once and that was about 4:30pm when I was planning on making dinner. I ate a couple strawberries to quench the little hunger pain and continued on my day.

Breakfast I made another delicious smoothie consisting of frozen blueberries, kale, spinach, a carrot, coconut milk, cucumber, and vanilla soy protein powder. I think tomorrow I will lean heavier on the cucumber, yum!

Lunch didn't turn out as well as I would have hoped, but it still filled me up. I cut up some chunky veggies, zucchini, carrot, asparagus, red bell pepper, and broccoli and sauteed them with a little Worcestershire sauce. In a second skillet I heated up some black beans with some mushrooms. Then combined it all. It was interesting to say the least...

For dinner I flipped through a vegetarian cookbook, but most of the recipes are pasta/bread/cheese/egg based that I couldn't really make any of it. I came to a recipe which was pretty much sauteed veggies and rigatoni, so I decided on that, but instead replaced the pasta with some mung bean fettuccine. (I wanted black bean noodles but the super market was out...) So I sauteed some grape tomatoes, zucchini, and peppers together, then tossed in the noodles. At the end I laid some sauteed tofu on top. This one was pretty good, but I think I used too many noodles. (Didn't realize that they'd expand so much, yikes!)

I love my new lifestyle! I love all the veggies I can eat! I love how full I feel from eating them and the best part it's all low calorie food full of tons of micro nutrients.

Today I've limited my Diet Coke intake to 2.5 cans. I used to drink 4-6 cans a day... yikes! Though with the lack of caffeine intake, I feel somewhat more aggressive. I'm hoping that this will start to fade over time.

I've also been drinking a lot more water and I can already feel my skin feeling healthier. It feels smoother to the touch.

I think I might put in a short walk tonight before it gets late.

No comments:

Post a Comment